Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pixie Dust Studio/2Sketches4U/Crazy4Challenges






I designed a combination card/candy box for Valentines Day for my husband. I used several Pixie Dust Studio digital images from the new Wildflower collection. To help me with my design I used the sketch from 2Sketches4U and the challenge from Crazy4Challenges (to create a Valentines Day card). I used K&Co. DP, PTI cardstock and buttons, felt hearts, a heart brad, and I added lots of machine stitching for definition and detail. I used the Spellbinders long classic rectangles and long classic scalloped rectangles to cut out the window in my box. I added acetate in the window and framed it using my same spellbinders. I really love the shadowbox effect of this box. I can see the card through the box and the Ghiradelli squares fit just perfectly under the card to give it a lift.

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is just so cute! I LOVE it! You are one clever little Pixie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks amazing and the overall look works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy project! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This couldn't be cuter! love it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations