Thursday, November 11, 2010

MelJen's Challenge



I usually feel pretty confident in choosing colors. However, when it comes to acorns I am at a loss. My entire life I have lived in the Southwest and my acorn exposure has been minimal;) Well, I never would have guessed how many different colors acorns came in.

This week's challenge at MelJens is to make a tag. I used one of MelJens new release images, called "Patchy Ghost" and colored it with Copic Markers. I used DP from K&Co. and cardstock from PTI.

It was my husband's birthday. He loves the Fall and the little "Autum Mouse" and "Autumn Leaf and Acorn" were a perfect fit for the birthday card I wanted to make for him.

MelJen's has a perfect digital stamp for anyone you are making a project for. I colored up my images with my Copics. I added twine and a little silver leaf charm. I used some autumn paper from K&Co. and PTI cardstock.

I followed the sketch at Sweet Stop Saturday to inspire my card.

Make sure you check out all the wonderful creations by the DT using these images! You can purchase these fabulous images and others from MelJen's Designs at the Whimsy Site.

4 comments:

  1. This is TDF cute ! I love your choice of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling Lisa!! I love how your acorns turned out sweetie!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Your coloring is perfect! I love the different shading on the acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SWEET, I love this and your acorns look like those in my yard! SUPAH artwork, girl! nicole xo

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations